Senior Program Director – Private Banking, Wealth Management, Investment Platforms or BPO Banking – Key, Strategic Initiatives; Large Critical Programs
PROGRAM / PROJECT MANAGEMENT – INVESTMENT PLATFORM, WEALTH MANAGEMENT AND CORE BANKING SOFTWARE IMPLEMENTATIONS AND BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION
PORTFOLIO OF BANKING SOFTWARE PROJECTS…. PERMANENT ROLE –
Important Note: We are ONLY looking for the most senior and experienced – top quality of project / program management professionals of the core banking industry. There is another search taking place for the same client by other firms for more junior roles. You should only apply to this if you qualify with below.
SOME OF THE LARGEST AND MOST PRESTIGIOUS PROJECTS IN FINANCIAL SERVICES – LEADING EUROPEAN HQ BANKING SOLUTIONS and BPO PROVIDER
Reporting directly to the Global Head of Consulting, Services and Implementation in European Head-Quarters, responsible for planning and managing a mix of tactical but mainly strategic Financial Systems and specifically Wealth Management, Private Banking, Investment Platforms or BPO Carve Out programs that are of medium to high complexity, cost and impact, affect multiple business units, and can include 10-100 project team members and implementation partners. A true Program Manager in Banking Solutions, you are used to running multiple projects in parallel and delivering extremely high quality on time within budget to Financial Institutions and demanding banking clients.
You have been there, done that and carry the scars but your enthusiasm, dynamism, energy and drive are second to none.
- Hands-on carry out and manage typical structured PMBOK based project and program management responsibilities
- Build strong, collaborative relationships and takes ownership of key initiatives across business levels and functions.
- Represent our client at C levels and Steering Cos
- Issues and Risk resolution ownership from floor to board levels
- At ease with managing Program P&L and commercials
- Contract, service level agreement drafting and negotiations
- Project Team Leadership
- Liaising closely with the team to make sure project is coming in at the right price
- Motivates a large team to deliver service standards
- Develops staff to maximize potential
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
MANDATORY – PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE READ THE BELOW & QUALIFY:
! Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university in a related discipline.
! Experience: 20+ years experience in project / program management including at least 10 years experience managing complex software projects. Project management certification preferred.
! Functional Area: You should have implemented at Least 3 Core Banking Projects or carried out minimum 2 full Banking BPO Back Office carve outs/ transitions
! Past Employment: Bank side employment (permanent or contract)
- A respected name in the international banking community
- Obtaining profit contribution by managing staff; establishing and accomplishing business objectives.
- Able to maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing project organization standards.
- Demonstrated long track record of project/programme management
- Knowledge to co-ordinate financial and budget activities for maximum operational efficiency
- Responsible for the achievement of project productivity and quality goals
- Able to evaluate current business processes and systems
- Skill in planning and implementing procedures and systems to maximize operating efficiency
- Persuasiveness and Enthusiasm
- Extensive knowledge in Banking with experience in utilizing various types of IT project methodologies and life cycles (e.g., conversions, client/server, incremental, rapid delivery, classic or traditional waterfall phases of analysis, design, development, testing, implementation) and the correct project application
- Investment / Core Banking Platform Projects Management experience mandatory
- Impeccable command of English
- Considerable knowledge and experience with budgeting and forecasting processes, Cost Control as well as Revenue Drive experience and skills
- Consultative skills (Big4 background preferred)
- Able to gain respect at executive level
- Stakeholder Relationship Management Skills
- Excellent Mentoring and team development skills
- Quality focused with people skills
- Extensive knowledge and skill in project management standards, processes, procedures and guidelines, and recommends improvements to realize efficiencies
- Extensive knowledge of communications/escalation management
- Considerable knowledge and experience with procurement management processes (e.g. acquiring goods and services, selecting and managing internal and/or external resources)
- Advanced skill in the use of project management software to manage projects (e.g., MS Project and auxiliary tools, such as earned value database, audit tools, project repository, including risk, and issues).
- Skill in using a breadth of project experience and project management expertise to effectively transfer knowledge to any project situation (i.e., ranging from internal to conversions to software development projects)
- Skill in leveraging knowledge and experience using the industry project management best practices (i.e., Project Management Body of Knowledge – PMBOK) to play a leadership role by providing feedback for continuous process improvement
- Legal Right to work in applied country
Applications without detailed CVs attached cannot be considered (please do not only rely on your LinkedIn profile).
CONFIDENTIAL LISTING. Our Client’s name will be revealed upon signing an NDA.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Your Confidentiality is assured.